Thursday 6 January 2011

Happy New Year

Well it’s been a while! The customary post-Christmas increase in mileage has begun in an attempt to shed the extra kilos (3kg to loose by the beginning of March) and get back to the weight I was last autumn. I’ve been looking at my training schedule as well (home-produced) to try and emulate the autumn period where I felt I was going pretty well. Last year my form seemed to desert me in July and August and I’m keen to avoid this happening again.

So, long-ish cold, windy, wet rides will be the order of the day. I’ve extended my commute as well to take in the Embankment route instead of a more direct A3 route. Along with increasing the distance by 2 miles in each direction it has the additional benefit of having far fewer traffic lights. I feel as though I an a free spirit on my bike again, rather than being constrained by the signals developed to slow the flow of traffic into London.

Christmas was spent in India with family and it was lovely to leave snowy cold weather for 27 degree sunshine, even if my break was cut short by 3 days due to delays in the outward journey. My wife took some great photos of their trip to a wildlife park (having family in senior positions within the Forestry Commission helped to get the kids up close and personal with some tigers) which I’ll post on here soon, just to prove that I’m not all about cycling!

No comments:

Post a Comment