Wednesday 1 April 2009

It's not about the bike...!

So my wife had a quick read of this blog. Aside from the comments about the boring details and technical aspects that she had no interest in, she did mention my fawning references to my Isaac. "You save your nicest comments for your bike rather than your family".

Oh dear! I have a lovely wife and three great kids - they're great and give me more pleasure than any bicycle.

Despite saying to myself that I'm not going to race for a couple of weeks, I am very tempted to try to get to Hog Hill this Saturday - I've not been yet and have heard good things about the circuit. A shame that the journey out there is a bit of a trek. Next week is planned to be an easy week as we are off to Holland (Maastricht) for a few days. I'm taking the bike and plan to do some gentle rides in an area where cars don't treat you as an irritating annoyance (at best). I've lost count in the past couple of months of the number of times cars have aimed at me down narrow streets, expecting me to stop completely so they can squeeze past without having to even slow down. Total arrogance. I'm looking forwards to a couple of climbs of the Cauberg in Valkenburg to see how it measures up, overdosing on coffee, frites, mayo and bitterballen and trying not to drink too much beer. That last bit will be tougher than any climb!


No comments:

Post a Comment