Monday 8 February 2010

Will I ever break my duck?

Another Hillingdon (the penultimate race of the 09/10 Winter Series) and another null point. There seemed to be more riders in the 3rds on Saturday, but a closer examination of the results shows the numbers were about the same (I didn't look at the results too closely as I knew I was way, way down the list).

45 minutes + 5 laps this week, no crashes, a slightly faster pace and an annoying headwind up the home straight that made for slightly negative racing. I managed to stay in the top 10 spot for the first 15 minutes or so, but then took a breather near the back and found it impossible to move up again - same old story. Last week is the final race and, despite having made less than half the races, I feel I'm getting stronger. I think that's where the frustration is creeping in - on Saturday I finished having felt that I had hardly exerted myself at all.

Despite the frustration I've enjoyed the races for the most part - they're really well attended and well organised events.

In other news, I've now been a crisp-free zone for a month - a real sacrifice because it was my snack of choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment