Thursday 13 May 2010

Elver race

Eelmore (again) last night. Sometimes I lack the enthusiasm to write a report, so to summarise:

Punctured about halfway through, got a spare wheel, rejoined, finished in the middle of the bunch. Pace felt a little faster but I had the same problem as previous weeks in slipping just a little too far back with 3 laps to go. Annoying. I’m losing patience with the Eelmore circuit and my inability to position myself properly during the end of races. Oh, and the fact that my sprint isn’t that good doesn’t help either.

So second race in a row where I experienced some sort of bike-related problem. I hope this isn’t going to become a pattern.

On a more positive note I managed to pick up a second-hand bike for my daughter on eBay for £10, which I picked up after the race last night. It needs a little TLC, and my daughter also wants the frame painted black. Sounds like I have my work cut out then!

No comments:

Post a Comment