Wednesday 25 March 2009

My Isaac




A quick post to show my 'for best' bike, with flat-course race wheels fitted. I love my Isaac - fast, comfortable and, most importantly, looks stunning. Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder! If I were an aesthete the saddle would be replaced with a white Selle Italia SLR XP, but for me the black version will do. I've never been one to slavishly follow the cycling fashion (for instance I don't shave my legs, a habit I view as slightly ridiculous, but that's another story) and really do not see why bar tape and saddle have to match.

I very recently got the bike back from Sigma Sport following the Isaac recall to inspect the steerer tube for damage and have the spacer height reduced by 1cm - I'm fitter and more flexible than I was when I was measured for the bike over a year ago. I took the opportunity to fit new stem and bars (3T Arx and Ergosum 'compact' bars, which are really, really comfortable) and replace the old ITM Millennium deep-drop bars, which I could never get on with. Poor advice from the bike shop when I was fitted, I think - too much emphasis on the measurements of the frame, ignoring the dimensions of the bars (reach, drop, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment