Wednesday 13 May 2009

Eelmore again...

So, another night out in the glamour-spot of the South East, Eelmore near Aldershot. Another night churning round a circuit hidden in the trees off the Fleet Road. Whilst I do find the circuit itself a bit tedious, the crowd that turns up is pretty friendly, and the races have also been quite fast (average speed is quite high considering how much the bunch slows down round each of the harpins). I don't think the E12 race put too much distance between the groups this evening, so it was definitely faster than last time.

And my result? I came in 11th, maybe 12th - not that it is really relevant, the only thing that matters is that I was outside the top 10. I got stuck behind a rider on the final corner who seemed to be quite hesitant, so I lost all my momentum and had to sprint to catch the sprint, then try to sprint again - hard work! Again my positioning rather than my stamina let me down. One day I will crack it!

I rode my Scott training/commuting/winter/workhorse bike tonight, which is fitted with a (rented) Powertap, so although it is heavier and doesn't ride as well as the Isaac I was at least able to see some racing stats for the first time in a long while:

Av speed: 24.53 mph
Max speed: 34.04 mph
Av power: 283W
Max power: 1184W
5 second peak power: 1100W
Av HR: 161 bpm
Max HR: 174 bpm

No comments:

Post a Comment